Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sudden Fear






Wow! This was a good mystery movie. I wish it didn't have quite so much kissing though. But other than that I thought it was pretty suspenseful. Joan Crawford might have worn too much make-up, but I liked her scared eyes. Although they might have a resemblance to certain Muppet characters, they still made me scared too. I'm glad she had a change of heart at the end. Boy! What a dramatic ending! At least it didn't end like a European movie. Oh I forgot to explain. So Sudden Fear is about a rich lady who likes to write plays. She marries this dude she fired once and soon discovers he only married her for her money and didn't have very happy plans set for her. Yeah it's pretty exciting. But why didn't she just call the police! My favorite part is when she's hiding in a closet and this little wind up dog almost gives her away. I was covering my eyes it was soo good. It might have been a little more dramatic then it needed to be, but I just thought it was a good suspenseful movie that gets your adrenaline going. I believe it was made by the same director of Midnight Lace. Kind of has the same story line if you think about it. The art stuff in it I thought was pretty cool. Like one time she's planning out a...scheme and the camera only shows her face with the shadow of a clock thingy ticking right between her eyes. Then that picture kind of fades, but still stays on the screen and you see what she plans to do. And also at the end when she symbolically throws off her head shawl thingy and it drifts away in the gutter. Anyway it's pretty clutch. I liked it.

No comments: